Investment Performance Operations Analyst
We are looking for an experienced Investment Performance Operations Analyst to join our well established managed service team in Cyberjaya, Malaysia. You must be an expert in performance attribution and risk reporting for multi-asset institutional portfolios. The right candidate will have around 5-7 years of experience. CIPM or CFA qualifications are preferred.
The candidate must be based in Malaysia
- The production / review of customised performance attribution & risk reports for EQ, FI, balanced and multi-currency (institutional) portfolios.
- Daily performance attribution reporting for various funds and asset class for global clients.
- Preparing returns, attribution / contribution analysis, risk characteristics report for multi asset (equity, fixed income, alternative) multi manager funds while creating and maintaining ad-hoc customised reports.
- Identify, highlight, and rectify anomalies in attribution, risk and performance numbers and provide proper justification.
- Collaboration with other business areas to improve accuracy and reliability of performance reporting.
- Returns reconciliation for EQ, FI and custom BM/index on daily/monthly basis.
- Proactive research and provide insight to clients on investment performance, deviations from benchmark; asset allocation targets and portfolio movements .
- Coordinate with data providers, colleagues, and clients on issues relating to the quality and timeliness of data and the content of the reports.
- Data maintenance for various EQ and FI index in various applications on daily and monthly basis.
- Ensure documentation of policies, procedures, and work processes.
- Ensure compliance with set procedures.
- Any other assignments given by the management from time to time.
- Work as part of cross-functional project teams to help drive business operational improvements and propose appropriate action plans.
- Work with Business Analysts to plan processes for new data acquisitions for performance reporting solutions.
- Identify automation opportunities and develop VB macros, Access DB tools independently.
Knowledge, skills, and experience requirements
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of EQ, FI and multi asset class portfolio performance measurement & attribution reporting and risk reporting.
- Proficiency in Bloomberg, Portia, Eagle IBOR, MSTR and Microsoft Office applications, (advanced Excel).
- Strong knowledge and exposure to financial markets and various financial products (including performance analytics).
- Intermediate working experience of databases, systems design, and proficiency in using VBA Macros and SQL for managing large volumes of data and performance reports.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Degree or equivalent in a finance, technical, or mathematical discipline (CIPM/CFA qualifications are an advantage).
We are looking for applicants that meet the above requirements. If you think you have what it takes and you are looking to join a fast-growing, global business, we invite you to apply. Please send a a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “Investment Performance Operations Analyst” in the subject.