Head of Technology / CTO
We are looking for a seasoned Head of Technology or CTO to help drive a Target Operating Model (TOM) engagement for a large Asian asset management client. The candidate must have 15+ years of experience driving technical change management programs within an Asian investment management organisation.
The candidate must be within, or willing to relocate to, Asia
- Drive competitive advantage through technical innovations and a large multi-year change program with a sizeable IT budget for a large asset manager
- Effectively manage the scope, budgeting, and planning exercise for the program with a multi-year rollout
- Advise and work closely with the firm’s senior management team to define the Target Operating Model (TOM) from the ground up to effectively cater to the current and future technological needs of the firm and support the front, middle, and back office operations
- Provide end-to-end oversight and management of all aspects of operational implementation outlined in the TOM
- Responsible for driving effective business operations, implementing the necessary changes, and providing leadership and strategic direction
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of various technical solutions (internal or external vendors) and drive the due diligence and selection process
- Provide key input into the technology platform selection and implementation
- Build and manage high performing teams across geographic locations
Knowledge, skills, and experience requirements
- Minimum 15 years or more experience in managing projects that generate value through technology, executing large scale organizational transformation and change management for asset management companies or asset management arms of insurance companies
- Proven track record of delivering large successful technological change management programs
- Extensive knowledge of front, middle and back-office operations of asset management and insurance organizations and a strong understanding of the challenges faced by these companies
- Prior experience in Asia as well as international geographies, leading and managing sizeable strategy programs and the subsequent implementation of related technology initiatives, with large, geographically spread teams and sizeable technology budgets
- Strong senior stakeholder management skills and excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Expertise in end-to-end technology consulting for asset managers from strategy definition to operational implementation
- Prior experience leading the technology implementation and migration of technology platforms and middle/back office outsourcing projects
- Strong project management skills including knowledge of Agile methodology and delivery frameworks
- An in-depth understanding of front office Investment solutions with implementation experience and product knowledge of solutions such as Aladdin, Charles River Investment Management System, and other order management solutions important.
- The applicant can be located anywhere but must be willing to relocate to Asia and comfortable with extensive travel when appropriate
We are looking for applicants that meet the above requirements. If you think you have what it takes and you are looking to join a fast-growing, global business, we invite you to apply. Please send a a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and use “CTO” in the subject.